- Free Freeware
- Windows 11 10 8 7
- PC Type:
- 32-bit, 64-bit · x86_x64
- Jun 29, 2022
- 9.5 (download)
ThrottleStop is a freeware CPU benchmarking software download filed under benchmark software and made available by Kevin Glynn for Windows.
The review for ThrottleStop has not been completed yet, but it was tested by an editor here on a PC and a list of features has been compiled; see below.
ThrottleStop is a small application designed to monitor for and correct the 3 main types of CPU throttling that are being used on many laptop computers.
The left side of ThrottleStop contains a variety of options which can be used to bypass CPU throttling and on the right side is a Monitoring panel that shows you the current state of each thread on your CPU.
Some laptops are using clock modulation and multiplier reductions to lower the performance and power consumption of your computer. This is done deliberately to either allow your computer to run cooler or to allow your laptop to operate with a power adapter that is not sufficient to fully power your laptop and recharge its battery at the same time.
When using ThrottleStop, it is strongly recommended to monitor power consumption at the wall with a Kill-a-Watt meter or similar device and make sure that you don't exceed the power capabilities of your power adapter. Use of ThrottleStop to bypass these throttling schemes is at your own risk and can result in permanent damage to your power adapter or computer or both which may not be covered by your warranty.
ThrottleStop is software which can benchmark CPU speed.
Features and highlights
- AC Profile: Your computer will use this profile when plugged in
- Battery Profile - Your computer will use this profile when you switch to battery power
- Low Battery %: If you set this to 30% then your computer will switch profiles when the batter gets down to this level
- Low Battery Profile: Lets you select the profile for the above feature.
- Start Minimized: This option will force ThrottleStop to start up minimized to the system tray
- Minimize on Close: When clicking on the ThrottleStop close gadget, ThrottleStop will minimize instead of exiting
- AC - On, Battery - Off: This will cause ThrottleStop to go into monitoring mode when you switch from AC to Battery and to switch back to being Enabled when you plug back in
- Do not reset FID / VID on Exit: By default when ThrottleStop exits, it tries to set your CPU to its Intel default settings which should allow the operaing system to resume full control of your CPU. If you don't want this happening then use this option
ThrottleStop 9.5 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from benchmark software without restrictions. ThrottleStop 9.5 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.